This October, PATRON introduces the beauty and heritage of his homeland by bringing the spirit of Mexico’s Día de Muertos celebrations to Manchester.
Together with top locations in the city, PATRÓN invites you to raise a glass in honor of the living and the dead.
From Día de Muertos-inspired cocktails to acquisitions that bring the colorful iconography of the Mexican holiday to life, activities culminate in a fun street parade featuring the iconic characters from the famous Mexico City parade in front of the Oast House on Friday, March 29th. October 8, 10 p.m.
The Día de Muertos, which falls on November 1st and 2nd, comes from the ancient belief that our departed loved ones have divine permission during these days to visit friends and families on earth and spend time together to do so Honor life.
The Mexicans prepare lively and tasty offerings (ofrendas) on altars to welcome their ancestors (papers) to the most famous.
PATRON brings together the Mexican heritage and Manchester’s hospitality masters for over a week to come together and toast this lovely celebration of life in bars and restaurants. Here you can find out where and how you can take part in the Día de Muertos celebrations with PATRÓN, be it in the city (find the participating locations on this map) or at home.
PATRÓN Día de Muertos cocktail menus, impressive decorations and entertainment at:
- The Oast House, Manchester: October 26th – November 2nd. A popular Manchester destination, Oast House will bring the celebration to life with inspired PATRÓN cocktails and a Día De Muertos parade starting Friday October 29th at 8pm.
- The Ivy Spinningfields: October 11th – November 7th. The Ivy brings Día De Muertos colorful to life and has put together a special cocktail menu with five PATRÓN cocktails.
- Ducie Street Warehouse, Northern Quarter: October 30th – November 3rd. The themed décor and colors of the Día de Muertos surround a special cocktail menu and an exclusive night in the company of the DJ La Danse Macabre on October 30th.
- Crazy Pedro’s, Manchester’s Bridge Street and Northern Quarter and Liverpool. October 29th – November 2nd. Haunting décor and a bespoke cocktail menu with PATRÓN Silver, PATRÓN Reposado and PATRÓN Añejo to celebrate the Día de Muertos. A special Jalisco Disco DJ night on October 30th.
- The Firehouse, Manchester: October 26th – November 2nd. The newest food and drink experience from the Ramona team features stunning decor and themed PATRÓN cocktails.
- Current business operations, Liverpool: October 29-November 2. Two weeks of extended celebrations to toast Mexico and the Día de Muertos with 3 special PATRÓN cocktails.
SAMPLE Day of the Dead at Home:
- LIMITED EDITION PATRÓN MEXICAN HERITAGE TIN at HARVEY NICHOLS
For Día de Muertos, PATRÓN celebrates its tradition of simply making perfect tequila and Mexico’s rich cultural heritage with a living limited edition collector’s tin. The unique design honors the mythical Aztec story of the origins of the agave, the heart and soul of tequila, and brings the vibrancy of Mexican craft and culture to life through a bespoke piece of art by contemporary artist Senkoe. What better way to toast a traditional festival like the Día de Muertos than combining handcrafted tequila and outstanding Mexican art. Product on sale from the end of October.
- PANTRY PATTERN x DAY OF THE DEAD
The PATRÓN Pantry provides the tools to inspire and help consumers easily shop for cocktail ingredients and easily create perfect beverages at home. The PATRÓN Pantry is hosted in the UK’s PATRÓN Amazon Brand Store and offers cocktail ingredient packs, recipe cards and a special Día de Muertos page to celebrate the occasion with themed cocktail recipes like the Marigold Mule.